What is a spoiler?
A spoiler is something that gives away the story elements of the game. Such as: “You find out that so-and-so is some other dude’s father in Quest X”. That would be a spoiler.
Things that are NOT spoilers: talent trees, evaluation of skills and combat, gameplay, companion names and abilities, gearing, theorycraft, etc.
If you don’t want to know anything before you see it in-game, avoid blogs. Srs.
Spoilers on the Blog
If the entire post is full of spoilers:
- We will put SPOILER in the title and then again put a warning at the start of the article. Hopefully, people will be alerted to STOP READING.
- On the website, we will do a “read more” cut so that the spoilers do not appear on the front page. You will have to click through to see the whole spoileriffic post.
- Within the feed reader, we will put copious warnings in the title and at the beginning of the article, but you are responsible for stopping reading. Upon asking readers, it was apparent that truncated feeds are more annoying than self-policing your reading.
If it is a small spoiler (a paragraph or less):
Spoilers on the Forum
(This section is mostly for guild members or friends of the guild with forum privileges.)
If the entire thread is intended to discuss spoilers:
- Please post it in the spoiler forum.
- Please make the title descriptive enough so that people can decide whether they want to read it but not descriptive enough that it gives away the spoiler.
If the spoiler is a smaller point in a larger post or thread:
- Please use the spoiler tags on the forum to hide the spoiler.